I am Nigerian, and one of the landmark events in life is the Wedding. The coming together of two families to form another family. Such a blessing indeed to start a new life together, despite leaving the family you cam from. Leaving your fathers house, is a truly celebrated event. Big or small, it will be the most memorable event of your life. Continue reading Why I love that I had a small wedding!
I am a proud introvert, took some years to be happy however.
Continue reading YES, I’m (finally) a proud introvert.
I feel like I am in a constant balancing act.
I console myself by telling myself: I am not the only one with a family. This is do-able.
- Being the best professional and healthcare provider and perfecting my craft
- Being a great mother and wife
- Being whole and one with me
Can you believe I have been a mother for one whole year? I definitely cannot, it flew by so fast!
I still remember bringing my baby home and wondering if I would ever sleep again, wondering if I would ever hear the sounds of bird chirping outside the window, wondering if I would ever regain my sanity. Now I have watched her crawl, fall and take her first steps.
- She runs across the living room and into my arms.
- She squeals with so much emotion, babbling in her baby jargon.
- She still isn’t eating, she refuses solid food or anything not in her bottle.
- She is in the 99th percentile for height, the 87ile for weight. Her pediatrician is worried about her speech, but we feel she is doing just fine. She has the motor skills of an 18 month old.
- She chases the big kids.
- She investigates everything, opens the toilet and tries to reach for the water before I swoop her away and make a bee-line for the nearest sink.
- She has the most perplexed expression when she is pulling clothes out of drawers and papers out of binders. Determined, she sets out to pull items of low counters.
- She only lets you make her hair when she is watching ChuChuTV.
- She enjoys long walks in her stroller and cries when you arrive back home.
- She has 10 little teeth that she will not allow you to brush.
- The only word she says is “Daddy” but anything can be “Daddy” so we are waiting for her to use the term correctly.
- She always steals the show.
Many say she is such a cute baby, but all babies are cute, however I would love to think my babe is the Queen of Cute.
I have been a mother for one year! I still can’t believe this. We made it!! And we are gonna keep making it!